The Harwood Side Lot is a privately owned, community accessible outdoor space with the mission of providing a safe outdoor learning and healing space for the students and residents of the Harwood community.
With the fall school semester only a few weeks away, there is a huge need for outdoor focused learning environments for students that allow for the continuation of their education at a time when we don’t know when students will be aloud back into class.
With help from people like you! There are a lot of ways you can help us with this project. Below is a list of needs broken down by labor and materials. If you see a way you can help, please get in touch!
EXPERT VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED
- Contractor/hardscaper - for help with setting fence posts and building retaining walls
- Electrician for installing an outdoor electrical outlet
- Plumber- for installing an outdoor water faucet
- Landscaper - For help determining what if any kind of grading of the property needs to occur.
- I.T. Support for setting up a large and secure wifi network in the lot
GENERAL VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED
- Fence Building
- Cleanup Help
- Fence posts - Ideally 12’ 4x4s
- Gravel -anywhere from a few bags to 20 tons could all be very useful
- Fencing - preferably wooden
- Retaining wall stone or timbers
- Garden Fabric or cardboard to put underneath the mulch
- Tons and tons and tons of mulch
- Outdoor Electrical outlet
- Outdoor Spigot/silcock
- Shade sails Rigging poles for shade sailsWifi capable laptops
- Extension cords and power strips for running power to people’s computers
- Garden Boxes