Human Being Productions is a full service photography and videography production company based in Baltimore, Maryland. We specialize in thoughtful, compelling video content with an emphasis on short-form documentary pieces. We serve a wide range of clients, including large and small businesses, schools and universities, and non-profits. We're looking for editors with good storytelling and a strong visual sense with at least 3 years of experience. Editors at HBP work with limited supervision and are responsible for creating pieces that meet client expectations. This position is also expected to support the overall operation of HBP when needed on a case-by-case basis.
- Edits videos according to expectations of the client to include: overall look, sound, and feeling based off of the content provided and the outlines and scripts determined by the client and producer.
- Communicates with the Project Manager and Art Director to help them understand your abilities and working processes.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs other related duties.
- Potential applicants should be proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro. Editors should be able to maneuver in the Creative Suite, including After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop, to manipulate assets to elevate content.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace – Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally and comfortably with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to become proficient in company-related technology (Basecamp, etc)
- Must have their own working computer and software licenses
- Ability to problem solve
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Maintains flexible and collaborative work ethic
- Ability to work on a team
- Committed to growth within the industry
Video Editing: 3 years (Required)
We require experience with the tools and software necessary for photography and video production. However, we make hiring decisions based off of portfolio work and demonstrated ability.
Full Time Opportunity
Baltimore, MD (Preferred)
This role is mostly work from home / remote, with the occasional need for in person meetings assuming there isn’t a pandemic going on.
Monday to Friday
Typical Start Time
Typical End Time
You’re standing on it dude
Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time
Local travel may be required for tasks such as transferring hard drives or client site visits.
Benefits begin for new employees after a successful completion of three months with the company. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off
Please submit the following:
- A resume with cover letter. The cover letter must include:
- Your experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Your interest in or history with video editing
- A link to one fully edited piece that you think best represents your editing style and skill. Be sure to let us know exactly what your role was in creating the piece, what challenges you faced and overcame, and why you think this best represents your work. This doesn't need to be the flashiest thing you've ever done. We are looking for an example of work you've done for a client that gives us a sense of your creative and professional process.
- Your desired salary range